January 4, 2017

The Juicery

I left Bardia National Park at 7 in the morning and after the scariest 15 hour bus ride I’ve ever been on, I arrived in Pokhara. My original plan was to do a 3-day yoga retreat and juice cleanse before I left for my 10-day Vipassana course. I, of course, hadn’t contacted the yoga center because I hadn’t had reliable internet until Pokhara. I emailed the center the next morning to make sure I’d be able to come in that afternoon. While I waited to hear back from the center I decided to grab a bite to eat and explore. I stumbled upon a place called The Juicery and decided to stop in for a smoothie. While I was enjoying my smoothie and coloring some postcards I noticed one of the staff taking pictures of some of their products. Since they were using their cell phone I asked if they’d like me to take some pictures for them. They graciously accepted and I went to work.


ISO 500  f/10  1/80

I never ended up having one of these tarts, although I had several friends recommend them.


ISO 500  f/10  1/60

The art of coffee. I did have several coffees, although, since I have black, mine were never this beautiful.


ISO 500  f/10  1/160

In the mood for a smoothie but also pretty hungry? How about a smoothie bowl?


ISO 500  f/10  1/160

Don’t forget the cold-pressed juices. It is The Juicery after all.


While I was taking pictures I received an email from the yoga center and was informed that they were full. That meant I was going to have more time in Pokhara than I planned, and I was going to need a place to stay. I spoke to the staff about doing one of their juice cleanses and if they had a recommendation on where to stay. I ended up going to Bickey’s Homestay on the staff’s recommendation, and it was one of my best decisions ever. The Juicery ended up as one of my favorite places in Pokhara, and I was there almost every day.


Related Posts
Kathmanday Two
After arriving at my guest house in the evening of my first day in Nepal I ate dinner and retired early, so we'll start with day two. I had arrived in Kathmandu without much of a plan, and without very much knowledge about the city in general. I knew that it would be my only full day in Kathmandu until the end of my trip in Nepal. I sat down for a huge free breakfast from my guest house and ended up having a two hour conversation with a guy from England about life, it was a very invigorating conversation about countless topics that both of us seemed to agree wholeheartedly on. After we finished our breakfast conversation, and since I hadn't e ...
The 10 Hour Tour
After spending two nights in Kathmandu, my third day in Nepal was for getting to Bardia National Park in the Western part of Nepal. I chose to go to Bardia because it is not on the normal tourist track because of its remote location. It takes 15 hours by bus to get there and so I had chosen what I thought would be the simple and quick way to get there, by plane. After leaving my guest house around 7 a.m. for my 55 minute flight to Nepalgunj at 8:45, I didn't arrive at my lodge in Bardia until 5 p.m. that evening. My quick trip turned into a full day, but resulted in some decent pictures.   ISO 500  f/13  1/40 After a 1 hour and ...
Bandipur Nepal
After a couple hours ride, with a few stops along the way, we ended up in Bandipur. Bandipur is a quaint mountain town with an almost wild west feeling to it. There are several small bars and restaurants along the one main street, which is for foot traffic only.     ISO 640  f/11  1/320 Our first stop in Bandipur, a man-made park ontop of a mountain for some soccer.   ISO 500  f/11  1/200 A kick save by one of the locals, sorry Bickey no goal this time.   ISO 640  f/11  1/1600 One of the locals having a cigarette break while watching everyone play soccer.   ISO 640  f/11  1/640  B ...